Friday, August 26, 2005

Offline

My laptop was attacked by a vicious virus last week. Everything on my hard disc was completely deleted. Even the operating system went kaput. What's worse, all the work I did in the last four weeks for my thesis vanished too (monthly backup is clearly insufficient). I took it to three different PC clinics and every one gave me the same answer - all data is lost and the only way out is to re-format the hard disc and reinstall everything. Depressing week. To cheer myself up, I did a little retail therapy. And a new notebook will arrive next week. Some therapy!!! I now have a spare Toshiba Satellite Z25, which has just benefitted from a £150 repair and still have two years extended warranty. I dislike using my desktop - I find the keyboard cumbersome. So, I will not be posting anything serious until the new machine arrives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home