Friday, July 15, 2005

David Davis

Following the Guardian's review of David Davis, I was so keen to listen to his lecture at the Adam Smith Institute's event yesterday. I got the ticket almost two weeks back. Travelled in the scorching heat. Arrived at 1 Birdcage Walk well in time. But only to be told that the scheduled talk has been cancelled. They are having a reception instead. The reason? They say it was inappropriate to do a political talk just one week after the terrorist attacks in London. Apparently it is more appropriate to indulge in free champagnes. What use is that to me? Bloody terrorists... Wrecked my afternoon. Wasted journey.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, we must have just missed each other - I was slightly late.

There was grape juice and water as well. Plus prawn canapés. You should have stayed.

'

7/15/2005 04:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home