Monday, January 17, 2005

Another day passes by

Went to the Natural History Museum. Very interesting. But I was a bit disappointed with the Darwin Centre. I thought it was going to be a whole centre dedicated to Darwin's theory of evolution. I have been long fascinated by the way the earth evolved and the process of evolution itself. But the Darwin Centre was not at all like what I expected. It was just full with pickled animals. Outside the museum stands a column of tree trunk that has turned into stone. The museum claimed that a very long period of mineralization turned the trunk into stone. But I bet you they were wrong. It was not that. You can also see other things that have turned into stone at Mother Shipton's Petrifying Well. Again, the scientists were wrong. How can they claim that petrification was responsible for turning things into stone. Have they never heard about sang kelembai? Anyway, I am no longer able to read abidin.co.uk. I don't know where he lives.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you tomorrow =)

'Abidin

1/17/2005 04:11:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to visit 'Abidin's too, but too bad, it is now 'privatised'! Hehe, W, I am thinking of visiting London one of these days - for the Turks exhibition at the Royal Arts. There is this one coffee house near Chinatown which I had fond memories with friends (of course la, dak Koleq!!). Kinda forget how the coffees are like, and not quite sure if they serve Ethiopian. Wanna try? Otherwise, one of those Chinese teahouses? I have long wish to try their crabmeat soup.... AnakAlam

1/21/2005 09:22:00 pm  
Blogger PROVOLUTION said...

ok. let me know when you are coming.

1/22/2005 12:04:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home