Saturday, January 15, 2005

Bukan salah PAS daaa...

I have money in both Ko-Hilal and Kosis. When I was introduced to the two co-operatives, I was told that this was an attempt by PAS to get into the corporate world. Top PAS figures were put at the helm. Hence my trust to these two co-operatives. It was not just me. Several student organizations also put money into these co-operatives. They did so on the basis of trust. Many did not investigate thoroughly the risks involved. Myself included. Trust was the main factor, and the presence of PAS top-guns was the main reason behind that trust. Then, suddenly I was told that both Ko-Hilal and Kosis are in deep trouble. Their investment projects flopped. Investors’ money have been lost. Possibility of getting the money back? Almost zilch. What did I do? Nothing! Why? Because I did not want to rock the boat. Logically if you lose money in any investment project, you would pursue the companies sampai ke lubang cacing. If it had been Barclays or HSBC, I would be writing to all sorts of enforcement agencies to ask for help in recouping my money. But because this was a PAS-linked project, I decided to do nothing. Some student organizations also did nothing even though they lost 5-figure amounts. Then, the clarifications hand-washing started coming in. Ko-Hilal and Kosis are not owned by PAS. Their failures cannot be attributed to PAS. The collapse of Ko-Hilal and Kosis are not PAS’ doings. It is the faults of the co-operatives own management. Investors should not link PAS with these two collapsed co-operatives. I now admit that I lost my money because of my own faults. It has nothing to do with PAS. I was silly for not investigating properly before parting with my money. I was silly for not asking about the risks involved. I was silly to believe in the campaigns by these two co-operatives. In short, I was silly to put my trust in those figure-heads. I now appreciate that the figure-heads were NOT put at the helm of both co-operatives in order to buy trust from PAS members like me (sic). There is a bigger issue behind this debacle. I want PAS to improve and there is a much more significant managerial issue that needs to be addressed. I believe that it truly is not the faults of PAS as an organization. But I shall leave it at that for the time being. Let us see if self-criticism is too unpleasant.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pandai pun ko cakap berlapik:D

1/17/2005 01:53:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home