Tuesday, May 02, 2006

What an exciting day!

My first day at the Conservatives Research Department today. An extremely good day! Officially, I am on the DTI team. But the work (even on the first day) is very varied. I can’t go into the details for confidentiality reasons, but suffice to say that my longer term responsibility is to assist with policy on social enterprise. But I also had a look into nuclear policy and the party’s stand on Hamas. On top of that, I helped coordinate the intelligence gathering process for the local elections, and did some work that may be useful in tomorrow’s Prime Minister’s Question. If there is time, which I don’t think there will be, I may go out campaigning tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the cabal of Conservative Researchers.

If you work on any of the Policy Groups we will be certain to cross paths, as my boss is Letwin's PPS.

5/03/2006 09:40:00 am  
Blogger PROVOLUTION said...

I am still trying to get into IDS' CSJ.

Letwin's adviser sits next to me. Very clever guy. Talking to him, even if it is just normal chit-chat, forces your brain to go into hyperdrive mode.

5/06/2006 08:59:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home