Friday, October 07, 2005

Multiculturalism

See what multiculturalism does to a country? See here too. Trevor Philips' statement was discussed in BBC Radio 4's Moral Maze last Wednesday (5 Oct 05). It was a very lively discussion. I was on my way to the mosque for tarawikh when I tuned in to Radio 4, and I ended up sitting in the car, in the mosque parking space ,all the way until 8.45pm. One of the panelists asked, "what is wrong with assimilation if it means we all change towards a similar identity - I change and adapt to your culture, and you change and adapt to my culture. If we both change and assimilate each others' culture, what is wrong with that?". This is a very interesting question to explore further. Perhaps on another take...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Right: "multiculturalism is bad."

The Left: "wait a minute! I've just realised something.. multiculturalism is bad!"

10/08/2005 05:40:00 am  
Blogger Azlan @ ABN said...

Assalammualaikum. Tak tahu pun abang pun ada blog. Kalau tau, dah lama saya jadi pengunjung setia blog ni. He he

10/10/2005 09:30:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

itu matahari sudah mau turun kasi padam sama itu empayar british..

10/27/2005 04:05:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home