Sunday, April 24, 2005

Whom shall I vote?

Today I received both my polling card and a letter to confirm my appointment as poll clerk on election day. Good. At least that bit is done. But I am still unsure how to vote on 5 May. Initially, I thought about voting Respect. But I know definitely that they will neither form a government nor a strong opposition. Tactically, voting for them will not create much benefit. Then I thought about Lib Dem. But their emphasis on individual's freedom to do things that I disagree with is worrying. I do like their plan to replace council tax with local income tax. And I admire their consistent opposition of the war on Iraq. But I dislike their policy on immigration. I then thought about voting for a party that favour businesses. A party that would allow free market to flourish. But there is not much difference between Labour and Conservatives on this matter. I personally feel that immigration is a serious issue and that Britain do need a limit on immigration. Labour claims that they are already taking actions to fix the immigration problem. Tories are saying that they could do better. If the election is a one-issue thingy, than I am almost certain to vote for the Tories. Still undecided, I took the political compass, Times political compass and WhoShouldYouVoteFor tests. In the political compass test, my scores are: Economic (left/right): 1.63 Social (libertarian/authoritarian): 1.23 In the Times political compass, I scored: Social 26 Economic 36 On Who Should I Vote For, I scored:
Labour -20
Conservative 19
Liberal Democrat -8
UK Independence Party 16
Green -24
It seems that I am probably a centrist but with a degree of right-wing authoritarian views and that I should vote Conservative. Let's see if I change my mind within the next two weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent results.

'

4/26/2005 05:40:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ana punya result plak, ke arah lib dems, and green..

4/30/2005 11:49:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home